A little over a week ago I made this BH&G recipe and have been dreaming of it ever since. It’s quick, easy, and delicious. What’s not to love?! I have a feeling this will be on rotation at our house now. Definitely a fan favorite!
If you’re not into seafood just switch out the salmon for chicken or go completely meatless and add more veggies. You can even get crazy and throw in some parmesan…the options are endless! The sauce packs a ton of flavor so I’m confident this dish will be good either way. I modified the measurements slightly to make it a bit saucier and added garlic to make it even more flavorful. Because garlic is life…amIright?
12 oz pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti)
3 cloves garlic
1/2-3/4 cup cooking liquid from pasta
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
8 oz asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
salt + pepper to taste
6 oz smoked salmon, remove skin + flake into chunks
2 lemons, juiced
1. Cook pasta per instructions on package. Drain (reserving liquid in a bowl) and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic in pasta pot using a bit of butter.
3. Add cream and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and add asparagus and salt + pepper. Simmer a few minutes until the asparagus is bright green in color.
5. Add fish and lemon juice. Stir well.
6. Add liquid reserved from pasta until you reach desired consistency.
7. Serve sauce on top of pasta and enjoy!