I’m so excited to share these white chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats and Oreos with you guys! They were so much fun to make and turned out even more adorable than I expected. I love the white and pink together and sprinkles are always a fun detail to add. Plus, they were absolutely delicious. We’ve been snacking on these the past two days and I’m not mad about it. Bonus: I got to wear this adorable apron my sweet friend got me for my birthday! I’m obsessed.
There are a ton of versions of these on Pinterest. I picked my ingredients based on wanting a couple different colors to decorate the Rice Krispie treats with, and knowing I wanted to do Oreos, too. The great thing about these is you can change the colors and shapes to fit any occasion. Green trees with sprinkles would be so cute for the holidays and numbers or letters in different colors would be great for birthday parties.
1. Make Rice Krispie treats according to directions on box. (I used an additional tablespoon of butter and handful of extra marshmallows.)
2. Grease cookie sheet and put Rice Krispie mixture on it.
3. Lay parchment paper on top and gently even out using a rolling pin.
4. Cut treats into hearts using cookie cutter.
5. Melt 1 cup white chocolate, then add one drop candy coloring at a time until you reach desired shade. (I only used one drop to reach the pink shown above.)
6. Dip treats into chocolate, using a spoon if necessary to cover evenly.
7. Lay on parchment paper.
8. Melt remaining cup of chocolate and pour into a Ziploc bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
9. Squeeze chocolate onto treats going back and forth to create a zig-zag pattern.
10. Repeat step 6 with Oreos.
11. Dip chocolate covered Oreos into sprinkles.
12. Lay on parchment paper until chocolate has hardened.
apron | pink tee – unavailable, similar here| distressed denim | heart cookie cutter | 10×15 cookie sheet | rolling pin | small dutch oven (in mint) – unavailable, similar here & here | vintage china – family heirloom, love this